Our garden featured in Canadian Gardening

by Yvonne on January 19, 2011 · 16 comments

in Garden resources

Canadian gardening annual 2011

Four articles on our country garden in this issue

I had my first glimpse today of the Canadian Gardening Magazine Annual Great Garden Guide for 2011, which has 28 pages (4 feature articles!) on different parts of our garden.

Last year, the magazine sent a photographer to our property to capture it from winter to spring and summer through to fall. The result is four articles about different parts of our garden.

Four articles

I wrote two of the stories, one on the gardens around the house, and the other on our formal parterre, which I call the four-square garden. Karen York wrote a piece about our naturalized farm pond and the crab-apple orchard that surrounds it, while Judith Adam tackled our wildflower meadow.

It’s certainly a heady experience to have our garden chronicled this way. I hope you’ll be able to pick up a copy of the magazine. If you’re not a regular subscriber, click on 2011 Annual Great Garden Guide for more information, and you can order it via their website. You will also be able to buy this issue on the newsstands in Canada beginning Jan. 24th (it is supposed to be on display until April 30th). Closer to spring, watch for the Canadian Gardening April 2011 issue, which will feature my husband’s John’s rock garden, in another article by Karen York.

I hope you enjoy the articles. If you pick up the magazine, let me know what you think.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

{ 14 comments… read them below or add one }

Pam/Digging January 19, 2011 at 9:22 pm

Congratulations on the series of articles about your garden! That’s quite impressive.

Yvonne Cunnington January 19, 2011 at 9:25 pm

Thanks, Pam, I’m pretty excited about it, as you can imagine.

Eve January 19, 2011 at 10:18 pm

Wow Yvonne! That is wonderful! I hope you will showcase the articles here on your blog when it comes out! Congrats! I know your gardens are works of art!

Jim/ArtofGardening.org January 19, 2011 at 10:25 pm

That is awesome. I may have to make a trip over to Fort Erie just to buy one! Congrats!

Salix January 20, 2011 at 8:04 am

That’s fantastic, Yvonne! Congratulations. I just took a very brief look at it, gorgeous.
I received Canadian Gardening Tuesday, but I didn’t have a chance to open it yet – till I saw your post now. Well, this morning I will be reading!
Lene

Brock May January 20, 2011 at 9:14 am

Congratulations Yvonne. I look forward to seeing it. Maybe one day in person.
Cheers.

Mary S. January 20, 2011 at 1:30 pm

Congratulations! Is the magazine carried at all in the U.S.? I’d love to pick up a copy. I’ll check the big Barnes and Noble, in hopes of finding it.

Yvonne Cunnington January 20, 2011 at 1:38 pm

I don’t think you can buy it in the US at a store. You can order it online through the link above. My Chicago-based sister just did that.

Helen at Toronto Gardens January 21, 2011 at 2:58 pm

My sister and I were blown away by your garden, Yvonne, as you know, so I’m not surprised they did a whole magazine on it. Congratulations. I hope I’m still subscribed to Canadian Gardening! If not, I’ll track down a copy asap.

Lorraine Roberts January 22, 2011 at 7:50 pm

I just received the recent issue of Canadian Gardening. What an outstanding tribute to your labour of love! It was glorious to see your gardens in all four seasons. The sheer expanse of your gardens are breathtaking and such a testament to the beauty you have created. Congratulations!

Mary Sharland-Presta January 23, 2011 at 9:19 pm

I am looking forward to picking up a copy! Congratulations!

trey February 2, 2011 at 8:12 pm

Well done Yvonne! It is certainly nice to find all the hard work that goes into the garden rewarded this way. Nothing like a little publicity to fire up the creative juices.

Yvonne Cunnington February 2, 2011 at 8:23 pm

You’re right about that, Trey!!!

Kathy from Cold Climate Gardening February 12, 2011 at 10:49 am

That’s terrific, Yvonne! I’m off to that website to see about getting my own copy.